Now there is a wonderful new child massage programme that allows you to teach parents how to massage their older children.
The programme builds on the skills learned during baby massage training and it’s perfect for helping parents maintain or build a close bond with their children and improve their parenting skills.
The MISP is a clothed, child-to-child massage programme that was originally created for school children aged 4-12. Now, a new module for 2 and 3 year-olds has been added, which means the MISP can now be used in Children’s Centres and Nursery Schools.
Here’s a testimonial from a mother who uses the MISP with her son:
“I learned how to massage my son as a baby and loved how we could re-connect each day. I was working part time and this was our moment each day to say hello and have special time together. As he became a toddler the opportunities were fewer and fewer. However when he started school, a stressful process for both of us, I learned how to do the Massage in Schools Routine. Now we have 15 minutes each night where we both give and receive a massage to each other and it is wonderful. At four he tells me what he has been doing at school – when I touch his back he opens up and tells me everything. It is also our time for giggles and we finish with a hug!”
Sarah, Mother of a 4 year-old boy.
The MISP was created by IAIM Trainers Mia Elmsäter from Sweden and Canadian, Sylvie Hétu, as a result of their combined passion to ensure that every child in the world experiences positive, nurturing touch every day.
- New module for 2 and 3 year olds just launched
- The parent module is where a parent learns to both give and receive massage from their own child
- Massage is given and received with the child’s permission
- 10-15 minutes daily routine
- The nursery/schools aspect is clothed, focusing on the back, neck, head and arms
- Massage is given by children to each other
- The two-day intensive qualification course includes a manual and a certificate on successful completion.
Get full details about the Massage in Schools Programme and discover how this training can enhance your work with children and families.