That’s why when you attend our baby massage course we’ll teach you everything you need to know to share the benefits of nurturing touch.
This course is accredited by The Royal College of Midwives, Embody CThA (Complementary Therapy Association) and the Independent Professional Therapists International (IPTI) – an Association for alternative, complementary and health and beauty therapists.
When you train with us, you’ll leave the course with a variety of baby massage techniques to use personally or as part of your work with children and families.
“I believe that every parent, regardless of personal philosophy, and every infant, regardless of birth history or disposition, should have the opportunity to experience the lifelong benefits that come from early bonds that are loving, healthy, and secure.” Vimala McClure
The Baby Massage Course Covers:
- The history of baby massage and its cultural origins
- A variety of baby massage techniques to use
- The physical, psychological and emotional effects and benefits of baby massage for parents and babies
- Teaching and communication skills that will help you create effective lesson plans and confidently lead groups or one-to-one sessions
- How to empower and support parents to give baby massage
- How baby massage enhances the bonding process between parent and child
- The relationship between massage and infant and child development
- All the anatomy and physiology that you need to deliver the parent classes
- Infant communication including behaviour cues and crying
- The IAIM is the only infant massage training that offers you the chance to teach a parent class with supervision – an essential element of feeling confident in leading classes on your own
- Massage for babies with Additional Needs, babies born prematurely or babies suffering from wind or colic
- How to handle and position a baby to receive a massage
- Research on touch, child and baby massage
- Marketing and promoting baby massage to the wider community
- Using oils – which oils are OK, which are not and safety guidelines for their use
- Contra-indications – when it’s not OK to give baby massage
- Practical and theoretical activities incorporating all learning styles
Baby Massage Course Dates and Locations
You can attend our baby massage course throughout the year at venues across the UK.
We currently run courses in the following locations:
- Wales (Porthmadog, Flintshire, Port Talbot, Brecon, Powys)
- Midlands (Birmingham & Sutton Coldfield)
- Warwickshire (Leamington Spa)
- Hertfordshire (Luton, Stevenage, Milton Keynes, St.Albans, Welwyn Garden City, Hitchin)
- East Anglia (Suffolk and Norfolk)
- Essex (Braintree, Chelmsford, Harwich, Harlow)
- Scotland (Perth, Edinburgh)
- Northamptonshire (Wellingborough)
View a full list of dates and locations for baby massage courses in your area.
Baby Massage Course Fee Includes:
Our 4-day baby massage course costs: £545.00 (+VAT if applicable) and the price includes:
- 4 day intensive instruction and practical work
- Training manual and comprehensive training notes
- Vimala McClure’s book ‘Handbook for Loving Parents’
- 1 sample bottle of organic oil
- 1-year membership to the I.A.I.M. UK Chapter
Why Choose Our Baby Massage Course?
We are one of the leading baby massage training organisations in the UK and only deliver the International Association of Infant Massage trainings. Learning with us will give you all the skills and knowledge you’ll need to become a first-class baby massage instructor or to use baby massage to bond with your child.
Our trainings are engaging, energetic and fun so book your space today.
If you have any questions about this course, contact us here. You can talk to Kate, the lead trainer here at Childways, and ask questions relevant to your own training requirements.
Already a Qualified Infant Massage Instructor? Discover what’s next after baby massage training.