Watching a baby receiving a caring massage is priceless. Learning infant massage is a rich and rewarding experience. When you attend our baby massage course we’ll teach you everything you need to know so that you can teach and share the benefits of nurturing touch.
You’ll leave the course with a variety of baby massage techniques to use personally or as part of your work with children and families. (click here to download your brochure).
The course covers:
- The history of baby massage and its cultural origins
- The physical, phsycological and emotional effects and benefits of baby massage for parents and babies
- Teaching and communication skills that will help you create effective lesson plans and confidently lead groups or one-to-one sessions
- How to empower and support parents to give baby massage
- Practical and theoretical activities incorporating all learning styles
- Infant communication including behaviour cues and crying
- The science behind how baby massage enhances the bonding process between parent and child
- The relationship between massage and infant and child development
- All the anatomy and physiology knowledge that you need to deliver the parent classes
- How to work with babies and children with Additional Needs until they are 7
- How to support families with fostered or adopted babies and children until they are 7
- Infant communication including behavioural states, cues and crying
- The IAIM is the only infant massage training that offers you the chance to teach a parent class with supervision – an essential element of feeling confident in leading classes on your own
- Massage/nurturing touch for babies born prematurely
- Massage for babies suffering from wind, colic or reflux
- The IAIM’s research on touch, child and baby massage
- Using oils – which oils are suitable, which are not and safety guidelines for their use
- Contra-indications – when it’s not OK to give baby massage
- Marketing and promoting baby massage to the wider community
“I believe that every parent, regardless of personal philosophy, and every infant, regardless of birth history or disposition, should have the opportunity to experience the lifelong benefits that come from early bonds that are loving, healthy and secure”. Vimala McClure
CONTINUED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WITH THE IAIM (CPD)
Here at Childways we know that support is key, and as a member of the IAIM you will receive many on-going benefits as you develop your skills and experience. You will continue to have both access to your trainer and to the UK IAIM Facebook pages, enabling you to network and receive support from other qualified instructors. You will also have the opportunity to attend regular Stroke Refreshers in your area, Training Course Refreshers, and Study Days both in the UK and internationally. There are also specialist IAIM advisers who can support you in areas such as working with babies born prematurely, and babies/children with Additional Needs. Every 4 months you will receive your own copy of Touch Matters, an excellent UK newsletter.
Every other year you will be invited to the IAIM International Conference – recent destinations include Paris, Portugal and Madrid.
A major benefit of training within the IAIM is that once qualified you will be offered a free listing to promote your business on their website.
Baby Massage Training Dates and Locations
We have baby massage training throughout the year at the following locations:
- Wales (Porthmadog, Flintshire, Port Talbot, Brecon, Powys)
- The Midlands (Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield)
- Warwickshire (Leamington Spa)
- Hertfordshire (Luton, Stevenage, Milton Keynes, St Albans, Welwyn Garden City, Hitchin)
- Suffolk and Norfolk
- Essex (Braintree, Chelmsford, Harwich, Harlow, Dagenham)
- Scotland (Perth and Edinburgh)
View a full list of dates and locations for courses in your area here.